Todoist, like all other apps and software’s out there, have their pros and cons by which every user judges if their will use the app or not, and if it’s useful for their specific situation or not. So, we provided you a list of pros and cons of the software, and if you are interested, keep reading.
- Free plan and reasonable pricing
- Helps you with the organization
- Seamless and effortless syncing across different platforms
- Beautiful interface
- Great for progress tracking
- Personalized to-do lists
- Very useful for managing weekly tasks
- Better and easier communication and collaboration
- Option to work offline
- Share files and delegate tasks easily
- Overview of history that helps you see tangible progress
- Integrations are available for many platforms
- Free version is very limited with features
- Issues on premium versions
- A lot of advertisements for premium version
- Some issues with compatibility
- The software is not working for some users
- No features for time-tracking and micro-scheduling
Do you have a lot of tasks to do, and you are looking for a powerful tool to store and organize them all? If that’s the case, you need to seriously consider Todoist, the best and very versatile software for creating to-do lists currently on the market.
In today’s world, a lot of people have hectic schedules, and sometimes the energy and the stress of constantly thinking about your upcoming tasks and if you forgot something important, can become really overwhelming and burdening.
Additionally, if you are a kind of person who writes all your obligations and deadlines on different pieces of paper and lose them shortly, then a to-do list software is a must for you!
In this guide you will find out what exactly Todoist is, pricing of the software, its detailed features, and our take on if Todoist is worth it. We will also provide a summery with pros and cons of the software, so you will be able to make an informed decision if you will use it and if this software is even suitable for you and your needs.
If you are ready to find out more about Todoist, continue reading!
Click on “open” if you want to see exactly what we will talk about in the rest of this article.
What is Todoist?
Todoist is an award-winning software that helps you organize and manage all aspects of your life, from personal obligations to work-related responsibilities. This software has many features that will help you manage all daily, weekly, and monthly tasks easily, more efficiently, and less stressfully.
Todoist is available on all devices, from PCs and smart phones to smart watches, and offers effortless and real-time syncing across all platforms. It helps you track your productivity, organize tasks into categories and share them with colleagues and family members, put reminders, and plan for weeks in advance.
It helps you free up your mental space for more important tasks. Regain clarity and calmness by getting all those tasks out of your head and onto your to-do list. Todoist has helped millions of people to complete over 1.5 billion tasks in more than 150 million projects.
It has helped numerous designers, developers, students, small businesses, entrepreneurs, freelancers, and more achieve the clarity and calmness they were looking for. Amazon, Facebook, WeWork, and Disney work management teams have used, and are still using this software. Additionally, Apple, Google, The Verge, Forbes, and others have ranked Todoist as best-in-class software in the category of to-do lists and task management.
In short, Todoist is a powerful software which seamlessly syncs across different platforms and provides a powerful UI for organization and collaboration which will help you achieve your goals without worrying about everyday tasks.
|Best suited for||Individuals, Freelancers, Small businesses|
|Website languages||Chinese / Czech / Danish / Deutsch / English / Finnish / French / Italian / Japanese / Korean / Nederlands / Norsk / Polish / Russian / Spanish / Swedish / Turkish|
|Website URL||Visit official website|
|Support link||Support page|
Todoist pricing: How much does Todoist cost?
The pricing of this software is very reasonable, compared to other similar software sans apps that are in the same category. There is a free option for those with a shortage of a budget, but for others who are willing to invest a bit, there are a few paid options that reach from 3$ monthly to 60$ annually, depending on your needs. If you want to see if one of the plans is an ideal solution for you, continue reading!
|Pricing range||From $4 to $6 per month|
|Pricing types||Annual subscription / Monthly subscription|
|Money back guarantee||No|
|Pricing page link||See plans|
Todoist pricing plans
There are three different plans to choose from, Free, Pro, and Business. All plans have a different price point, while even the free plan offers some important and powerful features you would surely find useful. Todoist also offers a significant discount for nonprofit organizations, and they are already trusted by leaders of some of the world’s most inspired organizations, like Apple, Facebook, Netflix, Nasa, and more. Let’s look at the each plan individually:
Free – for starters ($0)
- 5 active projects
- 5 collaborators per project
- 5 MB file uploads
- 3 filters
- 1-week activity history
Pro – for power users ($4 monthly or $36 annually)
- 300 active projects
- 25 collaborators per project
- 100 MB file uploads
- 150 filters
- Unlimited activity history
- Themes and auto backups
Business – for teams ($6 monthly or $60 annually)
- Everything in Pro
- 500 active projects per member
- 50 people per project
- Team inbox
- Team billing
- Admin and member roles
- Priority support
If you want to further explore pricing options and compare subscription models with each other, visit https://todoist.com/pricing to find out more.
Todoist features: What can you do with it?
Todoist offers some quite amazing features to its users, so let’s dive into some of the most important ones in more detail. Each of the sections below is focused on one specific chunk of features that will help you in different ways to be more organized and on top of all your obligations. Each of the listed sections will provide you with in depth use of various features that will make you feel more in control of your life.
Start each day feeling calm and in control
Get a clear overview of everything on your plate and never lose track of an important task with these features:
- Quick add – lets you capture and organize tasks in seconds,
- Recurring due dates – help you remember deadlines and build long-term habits,
- Sections and subtasks – ensure that your projects stay neatly organized.
Focus your energy on the right things
Todoist surfaces the right tasks at the right times, so you always know what to focus on next, and these features are the key to achieve that:
- Priority levels – highlight the day’s most important tasks,
- Favorites – keep key projects, labels, or filters on top of your list,
- Reminders – alert you about your most time-sensitive tasks.
From business ventures to grocery lists, divide and conquer your daily tasks in shared projects, and the following features are very important in achieving that:
- Delegate tasks – send tasks to other people easily and free up your mental space for tasks that need more of your attention,
- Notifications – they let you know when people post comments, complete tasks, and more so you know what your team is up to.
Personalize your task views
Build your own task view to fit your unique style and workflow, so you can make the most out of your every day. With these features you will be on top of everything:
- Boards – help you see the big picture with Kanban-style cards,
- Labels – help you find the right group of tasks in seconds,
- Filters – give you custom task views based on due dates, project, assignee, and more,
- Themes – match your style, mood, and personality with 10+ colors available to help you personalize even the most tedious tasks.
Centralize all your work in one place
Simplify your workflow by connecting Todoist to your email, calendar, and files, so you will be able to manage tasks easier and save time in organizing them. For that to work, the following features are the key ones:
- Add tasks via email – by forwarding emails into Todoist as tasks or comments, they will be automatically added in your daily planner without a lot of hassle,
- Comments and file uploads (including voice notes) – they give you rich context to the tasks at hand and let you create more defined and structured to-do lists,
- Calendar feeds – display your scheduled tasks inside your calendar of choice so you can never double book your time.
See tangible progress
Small steps every day add up to big achievements over time. Set daily and weekly goals, and visualize your productivity trends with these excellent features:
- Productivity visualization – organized by week and month, they help you stay on track and be more motivated to achieve your desired goals,
- Activity history – gives you a snapshot of account activity filtered by project or person so you can have look back and analyze your past accomplishments,
- Completed tasks archive – paint a portrait of how small steps add up to big accomplishments over time and boost your motivation to be even better in the future,
- Todoist karma – awards you points for completing tasks and using advanced features.
Connect Todoist to your world
Link Todoist with the apps you already use and make it your central, organized hub for getting things done. Amazing integrations are available, and they are included into different categories, such as browsers, voice assistants, file sharing and content, calendars, project management, productivity, time tracking, communication, automation, and more. Some of the apps that can be integrated into Todoist are Google Calendar, Dropbox, Microsoft Outlook, IFTTT, Amazon Alexa, and many more.
Everywhere you are
With 10+ apps and plugins, you will be able to review your upcoming tasks, and jot new ones, no matter where you happen to be. Everything stays in perfect sync across all your devices, including macOS, Windows, Linux, iPhone, iPad, Android, Apple Watch, browser extensions, and email add-ons.
You will be able to change, add, and re-organize your life from any device you want to. It gives you the flexibility to work and organize on the go, which in today’s world can be a priceless thing.
Todoist review: Why you should use it?
Todoist, like any other similar software out there, has its problems and shortcomings but at the end of the day, this is a really powerful software which can easily support all of your needs. Whether you are considering Todoist for your company or purely for your personal life, many of the offered features will come in handy in either case, and they will help you organize and plan your life and tasks that come with it.
Todoist has a really well-developed UI, the ability to integrate with other apps, the option to easily delegate and share tasks, and ultimately it has a lot of awards as Editor’s Choice winner on different platforms, so you can find a lot of value in this app.
The software has a lot of features you would expect a to-do list and task management app to have, and even more. These features make it easier and more effective to organize and manage weekly and monthly tasks, personalize your to-do list, and express your personality in a way. With seamless real-time syncing you can work on your projects anywhere from any device, which gives you the flexibility you were looking for. Continuous software updates make sure that the communication, collaboration, and productivity are constantly being improved.
In conclusion, if you are looking for a powerful and diverse to-do list maker and task manager, Todoist is a perfect solution for you. With its offer, you can easily create a combination of features you need, while being really user friendly and simply beautifully looking app. You can use it for different aspects of your life and go from overwhelmed to on top of it.
There are some negative sides of Todoist, but positives outweigh them for sure. If you are interested in a more comprehensive and clear view of pros and cons, continue reading.