The success of any work environment is highly dependent on the tools and technologies available at your disposal. Project management software is notorious for being able to make your workflow efficient.
However, that is a huge understatement, especially with an app like Hive. This application doesn’t just save time. It takes convenience as high as it can be. Here’s all you need to know about the app in our version of the Hive review.
Read further to learn more about Hive, in our review we will detail its features, pros and cons with our rating, and a conclusion about why you should use it.
Click on “open” if you want to see exactly what we will talk about in the rest of this article.
Hive review: Learn everything in 30 seconds
What is Hive?
If it wasn’t obvious already, Hive is a modern team management application meant to serve as a one-stop-shop for all your needs.
Usually, most management applications have limited functionalities. Due to this, every company needs to utilize at least two applications.
However, Hive wants to fulfill all your requirements through a single app, and they practically succeeded at achieving their goal. Let’s go over some of the features Hive brings to the table.
|Best suited for||Freelancers, Small businesses, Mid size businesses|
|Website URL||Visit official website|
|Support link||Support page|
|Support email||[email protected]|
|Company address||NewYork, USA|
Our Hive review
Hive is a project management software for teams of any size that needs to exchange data, communicate, and automate task management. Hive users may create and manage tasks by themselves and their teams, complete with task deadlines, attachments, and labels.
- Fair pricing
- Many powerful features
- Mobile apps
- Difficult UI/UX
- No free plan
Hive pricing: How much does Hive cost?
Hive teams plan costs you $16 per month. You can use this plan with only $12 by subscribing the plan annually.
|Pricing range||From $0 to $16 per month|
|Pricing types||Annual subscription / Monthly subscription|
|Free trial||Yes, 14 days|
|Money back guarantee||Yes, 5 days|
|Pricing page link||See plans|
Hive pricing plans
There is a free version of Hive available. This app is what you call a SaaS (Software as a Service). There is a free trial version available that gives you the option to test everything out for a couple of weeks to see if Hive, pricing, and all the features are worth it. After the trial period is over, Hive will cost $16 per user per month
There are other added features available like Proofing and Approvals, Resourcing, Timesheets, External Users, Enterprise Security, and Analytics that are available at an extra cost in addition to the base $10. These cost anywhere from $4-$6 per add-on.
What can you do with Hive?
Knowing what a software can do is the most important thing. Find out in this Hive review what this project management software can do.
Multiple Project Views
Let’s say your sales team likes working with Gantt charts. However, your finance department likes Kanban.
Meanwhile, your customer service department prefers a simple table. But, your HR department works with a simple calendar. Amid all these varieties, it becomes a pain for cross-department collaboration. Every team has to understand management graphs that they’re just not used to.
This is where Hive comes in. You can conveniently switch between different views to suit your preferences. This way, you get what you’re used to and don’t have to spend an awful lot of time trying to put together all the pieces of information the graph has to offer.
As we said earlier, Hive aims to be the only project management application you need to check every day. It brings all your tools to the same place by including 1000 different possible integrations. Apps like Dropbox, Slack, Drive, OneCloud, Outlook, GitHub, and much more work flawlessly with the app.
Easy to Use Dashboards
Having trouble managing all your tasks? Hive takes away the hassle of keeping a to-do list by bringing together all the tasks that need your attention to the same dashboard. It allows easy access to your past, present, and future tasks and the tasks that you assigned, all to the same place.
The app also offers an amazing number of analytics to help you take your productivity to the maximum. You’re getting many amazing stats to track team performance, track individual employee performance, find out most productive days of the week, etc.
Optimize Repetitive Workflow
Do you have a bunch of tasks that are reassigned now and then? You shouldn’t have to go through the hassle of assigning them manually. With the help of Hive Templates, you’re able to create repeatable tasks that can be replicated now and then.
Moreover, you can further automate things by integrating triggers based on each task completion.
Feedback and Modifications
If your entire workplace is based on manager feedback, Hive can do a lot to make things much faster. With their feedback loops and approval cycles, managers will seamlessly request modifications and provide feedback to the employees.
To give you one less app to open, Hive Mail gives you the chance to stop opening Gmail as well. This email integration acts as a separate mailing service that pulls all your messages from Gmail/Outlook and organizes it neatly into an inbox built into the service. This improves the whole process of assigning tasks by giving you the option to directly attach emails to the task itself.
Hive Chat is the app’s messaging system that latches onto your Slack network. This helps improve communication across the board. The best part is the way the app links itself to tasks and feedback reports.
Instead of manually saying to your employees that they need to go and check some certain task, you can conveniently drag the task action onto the chat window directly to notify co-workers about the changes.
Device compatibility is not an issue when it comes to the app. The app is available on practically anything that can connect to the internet. Hive is available on both Windows and Mac.
To help you work on the go wherever you are, Hive also provides compatibility options for Android and iOS devices and gives you the option to run Hive on your entire ecosystem of devices. However, the mobile apps have some limited functionality that we’ll discuss in the cons section below.
Why you should use Hive?
All things considered, Hive is an amazing tool for team management. It combines the best of most popular management app and brings it to the same place with the help of impeccable engineering and thorough analysis of user requirements.
It’s not that expensive either. The Hive pricing is extremely reasonable and less than what you’ll pay for most management apps.
Moreover, with flawless integration, the app will easily link up with all your other tools. However, it does have its fair share of flaws as well. If the app does fulfill your requirements, you’ll have a good time working on it. Hive doesn’t just add productivity to your workplace. It saves you and your employees several hours.
- Seamless Communication: The entire infrastructure of the Hive app allows you to improve overall communication and make it crystal clear. By incorporating all popular messaging applications like Slack, Skype, etc., you can create an environment where users just won’t have to switch back and forth between apps.
- Assigning Tasks: Assigning and managing your workforce is a piece of cake with the help of Hive. Hive allows you to view all your pending and assigned tasks in a dashboard, so you don’t have to maintain a to-do list to track all tasks.
- Detailed Analytics: With the help of Hive’s analytics, you can track your workforce’s performance. This helps you isolate areas that force your office to be unproductive and fix all the red flags to turn your workplace into a well-oiled machine.
It wouldn’t be a proper Hive review without the cons, would it? There’s a lot right with the app, but there are things that the app can improve.
- Difficult Onboarding: The abundance of features is nice to have. However, it’s pretty obvious that the UI will be confusing because of them. Everything is thrown together into the app, and it won’t be easy for someone new to the platform to navigate everything. Your company will need to provide certain onboarding training to help people shift from older management tools to this one. However, if your workplace is a bit tech-savvy, you shouldn’t have much issue though.
- Files are Unrecoverable: Hive does provide file sharing like Dropbox, Drive, etc. However, unlike those apps, Hive doesn’t allow you to restore files that were accidentally deleted. The lack of an undo button means that if you delete a file, it’s unrecoverable. Once anything is deleted, you won’t be able to access it again.
- Phone App is Flawed: Firstly, the desktop app of the software is extremely flawless, with zero complaints related to functionality. However, the same cannot be said for the phone version. The smartphone version of the app doesn’t have enough functionalities, which makes many folks prefer the desktop version. Moreover, it’s not a response and lacks that ‘snappy’ feel the desktop variant has.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Hive.com safe?
At Hive, we place a premium on security. We’ve taken extensive measures to ensure the security of your messages, actions, and files within the Hive program. This security standard applies to all layers of our application, user, network, data center, and network.
Does Hive project management have an app?
Yes. You may use Hive’s mobile apps to: Send messages. New tasks can be added. Keep track of the project’s progress.